Perception is a motherfucker (excuse my french) I always believed if I was unapologetically myself, the people who mattered would be accepting of me.
I was WRONG! no shit Sherlock!
What I’m learning about myself via the perceptions of others are these wonderful jewels;
- I’m not allowed to have an opinion
- I get Rah Rah about everything and that’s why the people I love and care about the most are scared to approach me when they feel I’ve done something wrong to them. (evidently in my past at some point I must have smacked a few bitches for having real valid problems with me – insert side eye here)
- I’m too honest
- I’m suppose to only post bullshit happiness on social media, because evidently that’s the only reason social media was created.
- I lack diversity
- I’m a racist (this is mind-blowing to me)
- I like drama or in most cases people don’t understand that confrontation does NOT equate to drama (Confrontation doesn’t always mean anger or aggression)
- I’m not allowed to be or feel passionate about anything because that equates to anger (because I’m a black woman of course and god knows we can’t just be passionate it always has to be we’re angry about something)
- People can’t handle my honesty
- I’M TOO HONEST!
Happy Friday Folks!