I found myself for some reason randomly thinking about the novel and film adaptation of Alice Walker’s “The Color Purple”.
You know how some people want so hard for you believe that they have had a super hard life? Or sometimes you might find yourself thinking about how bad you’ve had it; and when I have those moments I think of Celie Harris’ life in ‘The Color Purple”, and I instantly start to think “it could’ve been worse”.
And before you state the obvious, I am fully aware that Celie Harris is a fictional character based in a fictional world from the imagination of Alice Walker.
Here are ten reasons, Celie would probably tell you to have several seats if you had the audacity to complain to her how hard your life is…
- The man she thought was her daddy raped and impregnated her not once but twice.
- The man she thought was her daddy stole both her babies and sold them to complete strangers.
- She was “given” to a man who didn’t want to marry her, only because her sister had come of age for the man she thought was her daddy to rape and eventually impregnate.
- After walking miles to her new husbands home, she was brutally attacked by her new stepson with a big ass rock as he proclaimed “she ain’t my mammy!”.
- She was verbally and physically abused by her husband.
- Her husband allowed her sister to come live with them after she ran away from home, then threw her off his land after his plans of gettin’ some ass were thwarted by the sisters moral compass.
- Her husbands whore/girlfriend verbally abused her then became her best-friend and lover than left her and came back married to some man.
- Watching your best-friend and lover reconcile with her estranged daddy and realizing your life ain’t shit because you have no idea where your sister and children are.
- The man she thought was her father died and left all his money (which included money that belonged to her mother) to his new wife and probably would’ve left the house and the shop if it weren’t for the fact that the house and shop belonged to Celie’s real daddy and remained in his name after he was lynched and her mommy remarried and died.
- Her husband intercepted and hid letters for a cool decade from her sister.
The petty mean girl in me needs to come out every so often (for entertainment purposes only) because I blocked my husbands troll on all other forms of social media except for this forum, I’m assuming every so often my husbands troll who has now become my troll (YAY) frequents this blog to see if I have any fancy words to say about him/her.
Fortunately for trolly (that’s what I’m going to call the troll from now on) I’m the MVP of team petty, so the petty mean girl in me trolls the troll. LOL it’s actually pretty hilarious and entertaining, I honestly only do it because I’m too damn nosy for my own good. I’m fully aware of the fact that my trolling of trolly makes me a hypocrite, but if you knew where your trolls lurked you’d troll them as well. #dontjudgeme
You might be asking, “T what’s the point?” well the point is the petty mean girl in me thinks it’s hilarious. We all have our forms of entertainment and going back and forth passive aggressively via subliminal shade within our respective forums with said troll is fun.
In the past I speculated without fact that trolly was trolling me, now I have proof and this is waaaay to much fun just to ignore.
I’ll leave the last few words of this post to immaturely taunt and provoke trolly…
#YOUMAD #TAGYOURIT! #PETTYMEANGIRL